Our next beginners course
The Running Course
Registration will be on Tuesday 4th September at 6.15pm.
The 10 week running course will then start the following week
Tuesday 11th September at 6.15pm.
Venue: St John’s Church Hall, Haydon Wick, SN25 1QP (next to Morrisons)
St John’s Church, Haydon Wick, SN25 1QP
The course registration costs £30.00 payable by cash or cheque only. For your fee, you will receive;
- Membership to the club for the remainder of this membership year (end of March 2019)
- Membership to England Athletics which will in turn give you insurance when running with the club
- A 10 week training plan which will take you from a non runner to continuously running 5K at a pace that is comfortable for you
- Support from one of our helpers for the duration of the 10 week course, giving you help, encouragement and general guidance
- Access to our closed facebook page
- Technical training top
- Helpful hints and tips for training and warm up/down
- Graduation into our main club on completion of the course
- Free refreshments
In addition to our ‘supported’ run on Tuesdays, we also encourage beginners to come along to our Thursday run at 6.45pm from De Vere car park in Shaw Ridge. This will form one of two ‘homework’ sessions. This would be duplicating what you do on Tuesday evening. Then many of our runners/helpers/beginners use park run on Saturday morning at Lydiard Park as another session, so you’ll always be around people doing a similar thing. Many people who have done the course have made friends with others and organised their own homework session, so there’s always that option if the above isn’t suitable.
At the end of the course you will be running continuously for 5km at a pace that is comfortable for you. You will then graduate into our main running club, the Slinn Allstars for the remainder of that membership year.
If you are already able to run 5K continuously, you won’t need to do the beginners course, just pop along to one of our club nights and introduce yourself.
It is important to come along to the registration evening as I will be giving you all the information you need regarding the course and will be able to answer any questions. It will also give you the opportunity to meet with other people who are looking to join.
I look forward to meeting you at the registration evening, and please do get in touch if you have any more questions before September.